General GAMSCHK Information
What are the basic
functions of GAMSCHK?
How is GAMSCHK used
in a GAMS program?
How do I obtain
How can I get
a copy of the latest writeup?
Basic Functions of GAMSCHK
Show me examples
- Display the structure of user selected equations and/or variables
- List the characteristics of selected groups of variables and equations
- List the characteristics of equation and variable blocks
- Examine a GAMS model to see whether any variables and equations contain
- Generate a schematic of the structure of the variable and equation blocks
- Examine the number of coeficients in the intersections of variable and
- Look at the scaling characteristics of the variable and equation blocks
- Form a schematic for model components depicting the location of
coefficients by sign and magnitude
- Reconstruct the reduced cost of variables after a model solution
- Reconstruct the activity within equations after a model solution
- Find variables or equations which could be causing unbounded or infeasible
How is GAMSCHK used in a GAMS
program? There are two elements to the use of GAMSCHK
- Modification of the GAMS program
- In the GAMS program you must make GAMSCHK the chosen solver by entering
a line like
The rest of the program is like any other GAMS model
- Creation of the gck file
- In addition GAMSCHK requires that the user indicate which procedures
are to be employed. This is specified through the use of the *.GCK file
where the * refers to the filename from the GAMS execution instruction.
Thus if you are solving a model called trnsport you use a file called
How do I obtain
GAMSCHK? GAMSCHK is a standard part of all GAMS releases.
do not have a copy you need to update your system.
How can I get a copy of the
latest writeup? GAMSCHK is a standard part of all GAMS releases. The
GAMSCHK manual is included in the Solver Manual Book
Also a current version
can be gotten from GAMSCHK Documentation