Yu (Yvette) Zhang
Department of Agricultural Economics
Texas A&M University
340 AGLS Building
College Station, TX 77843-2124
· Associate Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2018 - Date
· Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2013 - 2018
· Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2010 – 2013
· Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, 2004 – 2005
· Ph. D. in Economics, Texas A&M University, 2010
· Ph. D. in Biology, Duke University, 2004
- Graduate Certificate in Complex and Nonlinear Systems
- Graduate Certificate in Ecology
· B. S. in Biology, Peking University, 1998
· Behavioral Economics, Experimental Economics, Production Economics, Applied Econometrics, Development Economics, Ecology, Environmental Economics, Neuroeconomics, Bioeconomics.
· Uyenoyama, M., Y. Zhang, and E. Newbigin, “On the origin of self-incompatibility haplotypes: Transition through self-incompatible intermediates”, Genetics, 157: 1805-1817, 2001.
· Bi, Y., Y. Zhang, T. Signorelli, R. Zhao, T. Zhu, S. Rothstein, “Genetic analysis of Arabidopsis GATA transcription factor gene family reveals a nitrate inducible member important for chlorophyll synthesis and glucose sensitivity”, Plant Journal, 44: 680-692, 2005.
· Vamosi, J., Y. Zhang, and W. Wilson, “Animal-dispersal dynamics promoting dioecy over hermaphroditism”, The American Naturalist, 170(3): 485-491, 2007.
· Zhang, Y. Y., J. Gu, and Q. Li, “Nonparametric panel estimation of online auction price processes”, Empirical Economics, 40(1): 51-68, 2011.
· Zhang, Y. Y., D. Li, and Q. Li, “Recent developments in semiparametric and nonparametric estimation of panel data models with incomplete information: a selected review”, Advances in Econometrics, 27: 41-62, 2011.
· Depositario, D., R. Nayga, Y. Y. Zhang and R. Mariano, “Revisiting cash endowment and house money effects in an experimental auction of a novel Agri-food product in Philippines”, Asian Economic Journal，28：201-215，2014.
· Gao, Y., Y. Y. Zhang and X. Wu, “Penalized exponential series estimation of copula densities with application to intergenerational dependence of body mass index”, Empirical Economics, 48(1): 61-81, 2015.
· Sun, Y., Y. Y. Zhang and Q. Li, “Nonparametric panel data regression models”, In B. H. Baltagi (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Panel Data, pp. 285-324. 2015.
· Liu, W., Y. Y. Zhang and Q. Li, “A Semiparametric varying-coefficient model of monotone auction bidding processes”, Empirical Economics, 48(1): 313-335, 2015.
· Green, C., Y. Y. Zhang, and Q. Li. “Estimation of nonparametric regression model with mixed discrete and continuous covariates with K-nn Method”, Econometric Reviews, 36, 635-653, 2016.
· Zhang, Y. Y., X. Wu and Q. Li, “A simple consistent nonparametric estimator of the Lorenz Curve”, Advances in Econometrics, 36: 635-653, 2016.
· Kassas, B., M. Palma, and Y. Y. Zhang, “The role of incentives on preference revelations in auctions versus rankings,” Journal of Choice Modelling, 20: 73-85, 2016.
· Zhang, Y. Y., “A shape constrained estimator of bidding function of first-price sealed-bid auctions”, Economics Letters, 150: 67-72, 2017
· Zhang, Y. Y., “A density-ratio model of crop yield distributions”, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 99(5), 1327-1343, 2017.
· Zhang, Y. Y., M.A. Palma, S. Jin, and X. Yuan. “U.S. consumer reactions to China’s Shuanghui acquisition of Smithfield Foods and its neural basis”, Agribusiness, 35(1), 69-83, 2019.
· Zhang, Y.Y. , D. Depositario, and R. Nayga, “Possibility of losing own money promotes learning to reduce overbidding: delayed payment in experimental auctions”, PLOS ONE, 14(5): e0213568, 2019.
· Yi, F., M. Zhou, and Y. Y. Zhang, “Value of implementing ENSO forecast in crop insurance rating”, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, accepted, 2019
· Jin, S., Y. Zhang, Y.Y. Zhang, and X. Yu, “How country-of-origin influence Chinese consumers’ evaluation for imported milk?”, submitted.
· Cai, Zhigang, Y. Li, Y.Y. Zhang, “A Network-Based Approach to the Impact of Within-City Industry Agglomeration on Total Factor Productivity”, submitted.
· Chen, S., S. Jin, and Y.Y. Zhang, “Spousal dependence and intergenerational transmission of Body Mass Index: Evidence from China”, submitted.
· Wu, X. and Y.Y. Zhang, “A local maximum likelihood model of crop yield distribution”, submitted.
· Marwah, P., Y.Y. Zhang, and M. Gu, “Producer survey of the crapemytle markets and the impacts of crapemyrtle bark scale on the crapemytle industry”.
· Lin, B., N. Yusuph, and Y.Y. Zhang, “Marketing channel choice of smallholder tomato farmers in Tanzania”.
· Guan, L., Y.Y. Zhang, P. Marwah, and S. Jin, “Impact of US-China trade dispute on American consumers’ attitude towards agricultural products”.
· Yuan, X., P. Marwah, Y.Y. Zhang, M. Palma, and L. Ribera, “Understanding consumer response to GMO information”.
· Wu, W., X. Wu, Y.Y. Zhang, and D. Leatham, “Non-stationary modeling of crop yield distributions with applications to crop insurance”.
· Zhang, Y.Y. and R. Sarin, “Two-stage Buy-It-Now auctions”.
· Boadu, F., S. Chen, and Y.Y. Zhang, “Stock exchange development and economic growth in Sub-Saharan Africa”.
· Depositario, D., R. Nayga, and Y.Y. Zhang, “Women and men are equal but different: observations of learning behavior in auctions”.
· AGEC 105 (Honors Undergraduate): Introduction to Agricultural Economics
· AGEC 672 (PhD): Fundamentals in Agricultural Markets and Information Economics