Yu (Yvette) Zhang
Department of Agricultural Economics
Texas A&M University
2124 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-2124
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Work Phone: 979-845-2136
· Associate Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2018 – Date
· Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2013 – 2018
· Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2010 – 2013
· Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, 2004 – 2005
· Ph. D. in Economics, Texas A&M University, 2010
· Ph. D. in Biology, Duke University, 2004
- Graduate Certificate in Complex and Nonlinear Systems
- Graduate Certificate in Ecology
· B. S. in Biology, Peking University, 1998
· Behavioral Economics, Applied Econometrics, Experimental Economics, Food Safety and Policy, Environmental Economics, Nutrition and Health, Development Economics, International Economics, Neuroeconomics
Current Professional Activities
· Chair-Elect, China Section, Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA), 2020 – Date
· Guest Editor, Special Issue on Food and health Economics: Epidemics, Risk, Behavior and Policy, The Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Group, 2020 – Date
· Editorial board, International Journal of Food Science, Nutrition and Dietetics, 2015 – Date
Current University and Department Activities
· Honor Council Member, Texas A&M University, 2020 – Date
· Honors Faculty, University Honors Program, Texas A&M University, 2014 – Date
· Faculty Affiliate, Texas A&M Energy Institute, 2017 – Date
· Faculty Associate, Human Behavior Laboratory, Texas A&M University, 2016 – Date
· Faculty Advisory Committee, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2016 – 2018, 2019 – Date
· Ph.D. Qualifier Committee, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2015 – Date
· Ph.D. Markets and Information Economics Field Prelim Committee, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2017 – Date
· Undergraduate Advisory Committee, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2016 – Date
· Superior Service Team Award, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, 2019
· Uyenoyama, M., Y. Zhang, and E. Newbigin. “On the origin of self-incompatibility haplotypes: Transition through self-incompatible intermediates”, Genetics, 157: 1805-1817, 2001.
· Bi, Y., Y. Zhang, T. Signorelli, R. Zhao, T. Zhu, S. Rothstein, “Genetic analysis of Arabidopsis GATA transcription factor gene family reveals a nitrate inducible member important for chlorophyll synthesis and glucose sensitivity”, Plant Journal, 44: 680-692, 2005.
· Vamosi, J., Y. Zhang, and W. Wilson, “Animal-dispersal dynamics promoting dioecy over hermaphroditism”, The American Naturalist, 170(3): 485-491, 2007.
· Zhang, Y. Y., J. Gu, and Q. Li, “Nonparametric panel estimation of online auction price processes”, Empirical Economics, 40(1): 51-68, 2011.
· Zhang, Y. Y., D. Li, and Q. Li, “Recent developments in semiparametric and nonparametric estimation of panel data models with incomplete information: a selected review”, Advances in Econometrics, 27: 41-62, 2011.
· Depositario, D., R. Nayga, Y. Y. Zhang and R. Mariano, “Revisiting cash endowment and house money effects in an experimental auction of a novel Agri-food product in Philippines”, Asian Economic Journal，28：201-215，2014.
· Gao, Y., Y. Y. Zhang and X. Wu, “Penalized exponential series estimation of copula densities with application to intergenerational dependence of body mass index”, Empirical Economics, 48(1): 61-81, 2015.
· Sun, Y., Y. Y. Zhang and Q. Li, “Nonparametric panel data regression models”, In B. H. Baltagi (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Panel Data, pp. 285-324. 2015.
· Liu, W., Y. Y. Zhang and Q. Li, “A Semiparametric varying-coefficient model of monotone auction bidding processes”, Empirical Economics, 48(1): 313-335, 2015.
· Green, C., Y. Y. Zhang, and Q. Li, “Estimation of nonparametric regression model with mixed discrete and continuous covariates with K-nn Method”, Econometric Reviews, 36, 635-653, 2016.
· Zhang, Y. Y., X. Wu and Q. Li, “A simple consistent nonparametric estimator of the Lorenz Curve”, Advances in Econometrics, 36: 635-653, 2016.
· Kassas, B., M. Palma, and Y. Y. Zhang, “The role of incentives on preference revelations in auctions versus rankings,” Journal of Choice Modelling, 20: 73-85, 2016.
· Zhang, Y. Y., “A shape constrained estimator of bidding function of first-price sealed-bid auctions”, Economics Letters, 150: 67-72, 2017
· Zhang, Y. Y., “A density-ratio model of crop yield distributions”, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 99(5), 1327-1343, 2017.
· Zhang, Y. Y., M.A. Palma, S. Jin, and X. Yuan, “U.S. consumer reactions to China’s Shuanghui acquisition of Smithfield Foods and its neural basis”, Agribusiness, 35(1), 69-83, 2019.
· Zhang, Y.Y. , D. Depositario, and R. Nayga, “Possibility of losing own money promotes learning to reduce overbidding: delayed payment in experimental auctions”, PLOS ONE, 14(5): e0213568, 2019.
· Lin, B. and Y. Y. Zhang, “The Impact of fiscal subsidies on the sustainability of China’s Rural Pension Program”, Sustainability, 12(1), 1-7, 2019.
· Yi, F., M. Zhou, and Y. Y. Zhang, “Value of implementing ENSO forecast in crop insurance rating”, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 102(2) 439-457, 2020.
· Wu, X. and Y.Y. Zhang, “A local maximum likelihood model of crop yield distributions”, Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 68(1), 117-125 2020.
· Yi, F., F. Jiang, Y.Y. Zhang, and X. Wu, “Self-aggravation effect of air pollution: Evidence from residential electricity consumption in China”, Energy Economics, 86, 104684, 2020.
· Cai, Z., Y. Li, Y.Y. Zhang, “A Network-Based Approach to the Impact of Within-City Industry Agglomeration on Total Factor Productivity”, Quality Technology & Quantitative Management, accepted, 2020.
· Yang, X, Q. Li, Y. Y. Zhang, “The Role of Price Spillovers: What is Different in China", Empirical Economics, accepted, 2020.
· Jin, S., Y. Zhang, Y.Y. Zhang, and X. Yu, “How country-of-origin influence Chinese consumers’ evaluation for imported milk?”, under revision.
· Chen, S., S. Jin, and Y.Y. Zhang, “Spousal dependence and intergenerational transmission of Body Mass Index: Evidence from China”.
· Marwah, P., Y.Y. Zhang, and M. Gu, “Producer survey of the crapemytle markets and the impacts of crapemyrtle bark scale on the crapemytle industry”.
· Mwinyiheri, V. Salin, N., B. Lin, Y.Y. Zhang, and C. Chewe, “Marketing channel choice of smallholder tomato farmers in Tanzania”.
· Guan, L., Y.Y. Zhang, P. Marwah, and S. Jin, “Impact of US-China trade dispute on American consumers’ attitude towards agricultural products”.
· Yuan, X., P. Marwah, Y.Y. Zhang, M. Palma, and L. Ribera, “Understanding consumer response to GMO information”.
· Boadu, F., E. Price, Y.Y. Zhang, M. Jiang, “Willingness of Street Youth in Ghana to Accept Compensation to Trade Street Life for Agriculture”.
· Wu, W., X. Wu, Y.Y. Zhang, and D. Leatham, “Non-stationary modeling of crop yield distributions with applications to crop insurance”.
· Zhang, Y.Y. and R. Sarin, “Two-stage Buy-It-Now auctions”.
· Boadu, F., S. Chen, and Y.Y. Zhang, “Stock exchange development and economic growth in Sub-Saharan Africa”.
· Depositario, D., R. Nayga, and Y.Y. Zhang, “Women and men are equal but different: observations of learning behavior in auctions”.
· AGEC 105 (Honors Undergraduate): Introduction to Agricultural Economics
· AGEC 672 (PhD): Fundamentals in Agricultural Markets and Information Economics
Journal Article Reviewer for Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Applied Economics, Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, Climatic Change, Empirical Economics, Entropy, Environmental Pollution, Food Quality and Preference, Food Policy, International Journal of Game Theory, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Networks and Spatial Economics, PLOS ONE, Science China Mathematics, Sustainability, The Chinese Economy.