Yu (Yvette) Zhang
Department of Agricultural Economics
Texas A&M University
2124 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-2124
· Associate Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2018 – Date
· Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2013 – 2018
· Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, 2010 – 2013
· Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, 2004 – 2005
· Ph. D. in Economics, Texas A&M University, 2010
· Ph. D. in Biology, Duke University, 2004
- Graduate Certificate in Nonlinear and Complex Systems
- Graduate Certificate in Ecology
· B. S. in Biology, Peking University, 1998
· Behavioral Economics, Auctions, Applied Econometrics, Experimental Economics, Food Safety and Policy, Energy and Environmental Economics, Nutrition and Health, Development Economics, International Economics, Neuroeconomics, Bioeconomics, Ecology
1. Marwah, P., Zhang, Y. Y., & Gu, M. (2022). Impacts of Crapemyrtle Bark Scale on Consumers and the Horticulture Industry. Sustainability, 14(3), 1857.
2. Gatson, S. N., Cisneros, M., Brown, R., Aitkenhead-Peterson, J. A., & Zhang, Y. Y. (2021). Urban Networks, Micro-agriculture, and Community Food Security. Circular Economy and Sustainability, 1-13.
3. Marwah, P., Zhang, Y. Y., & Gu, M. (2021). Impacts of COVID-19 on the Green Industry. Horticulturae, 7(10), 329.
4. Marwah, P., Zhang, Y. Y., & Gu, M. (2021). Investigating Producers’ Preferences for Crapemyrtle and Their Perceptions Regarding Crapemyrtle Bark Scale. Horticulturae, 7(6), 146.
5. Huang, Q., Zhang, Y. Y., Chen, Q., & Ning, M. (2021). Does Air Pollution Decrease Labor Supply of the Rural Middle-Aged and Elderly?. Sustainability, 13(5), 2906.
6. Zhang, Y. Y., Zheng, Q., & Wang, H. (2021). Challenges and Opportunities Facing the Chinese Economy in the New Decade: Epidemics, Food, Labor, E-Commerce, and Trade. The Chinese Economy, 54(6), 373-375.
7. Wu, W., Wu, X., Zhang, Y. Y., & Leatham, D. (2021). Gaussian process modeling of nonstationary crop yield distributions with applications to crop insurance. Agricultural Finance Review. 81(5),767-783.
8. Zhao, K., Shi, H., Zhang, Y.Y., & Sheng, J. (2021). Fresh produce e-commerce and online shoppers’ purchase intention. The Chinese Economy, 54(6), 415-429.
9. Yang, X., Zhang, Y., & Li, Q. (2021). The role of price spillovers: what is different in China. Empirical Economics, 60(459–485).
10. Lin, B. X., & Zhang, Y. Y. (2020). Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on agricultural exports. Journal of Integrative Agriculture, 19(12), 2937-2945.
11. Yi, F., Zhou, M., & Zhang, Y. Y. (2020). Value of Incorporating ENSO Forecast in Crop Insurance Programs. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 102(2), 439-457.
12. Wu, X., & Zhang, Y. Y. (2020). A local maximum likelihood model of crop yield distributions. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 68(1), 117-125.
13. Zhang, Y., Jin, S., Zhang, Y. Y., & Yu, X. (2020). How country of origin influences Chinese consumers' evaluation of imported milk?. China Agricultural Economic Review. 13(1), 150-172.
14. Cai, Z., Li, Y., & Zhang, Y. Y. (2020). A network-based approach to examine the impact of within-city industry agglomeration on total factor productivity. Quality Technology & Quantitative Management, 17(6), 738-746.
15. Yi, F., Ye, H., Wu, X., Zhang, Y. Y., & Jiang, F. (2020). Self-aggravation effect of air pollution: Evidence from residential electricity consumption in China. Energy Economics, 86, 104684.
16. Lin, B., & Zhang, Y. Y. (2020). The Impact of Fiscal Subsidies on the Sustainability of China’s Rural Pension Program. Sustainability, 12(1), 186.
17. Zhang, Y. Y., Nayga Jr, R. M., & Depositario, D. P. T. (2019). Learning and the possibility of losing own money reduce overbidding: Delayed payment in experimental auctions. PloS one, 14(5), e0213568.
18. Zhang, Y. Y., Palma, M. A., Jin, S., & Yuan, X. (2019). US consumer reactions to China's Shuanghui acquisition of Smithfield Foods and its neural basis. Agribusiness, 35(1), 69-83.
19. Lin, B., Lin, Z., Zhang, Y. Y., & Liu, W. (2018). The impact of the new rural pension scheme on retirement sustainability in China: Evidence of regional differences in formal and informal labor supply. Sustainability, 10(12), 4366.
20. Zhang, Y. Y. (2017). A density-ratio model of crop yield distributions. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 99(5), 1327-1343.
21. Zhang, Y. Y. (2017). A shape constrained estimator of bidding function of first-price sealed-bid auctions. Economics Letters, 150, 67-72.
22. Kassas, B., Palma, M. A., & Zhang, Y. (2016). The role of incentives on preference revelations in auctions versus rankings. Journal of choice modelling, 20, 73-85.
23. Zhang, Y. Y., Wu, X., & Li, Q. (2016). A Simple Consistent Nonparametric Estimator of the Lorenz Curve. In Essays in Honor of Aman Ullah. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
24. Green, C., Li, Q., & Zhang, Y. Y. (2017). Nonparametric estimation of regression models with mixed discrete and continuous covariates by the K-nn method. Econometric Reviews, 36(1-3), 205-224.
25. Zhang, Y. Y., Chang, M. S., & Fuller, S. W. (2015). Statistical analysis of vessel waiting time and lockage time on the Upper Mississippi River. Maritime Economics & Logistics, 17(4), 416-439.
26. Liu, W., Zhang, Y. Y., & Li, Q. (2015). A semiparametric varying coefficient model of monotone auction bidding processes. Empirical Economics, 48(1), 313-335.
27. Gao, Y., Zhang, Y. Y., & Wu, X. (2015). Penalized exponential series estimation of copula densities with an application to intergenerational dependence of body mass index. Empirical Economics, 48(1), 61-81.
28. Depositario, D. P. T., Nayga Jr, R. M., Zhang, Y. Y., & Mariano, R. D. E. (2014). Revisiting Cash Endowment and House Money Effects in an Experimental Auction of a Novel Agri‐food Product in the Philippines. Asian Economic Journal, 28(2), 201-215.
29. Sun, Y., Zhang, Y. Y., & Li, Q. (2015). Nonparametric panel data regression models. The Oxford handbook of panel data, 285-324.
30. Zhang, Y. Y., Li, Q., & Li, D. (2011). Recent Developments in Semiparametric and Nonparametric Estimation of Panel Data Models with Incomplete Information: A Selected Review. Missing Data Methods: Cross-sectional Methods and Applications.
31. Zhang, Y. Y., Gu, J., & Li, Q. (2011). Nonparametric panel estimation of online auction price processes. Empirical Economics, 40(1), 51-68.
32. Vamosi, J. C., Zhang, Y., & Wilson, W. G. (2007). Animal dispersal dynamics promoting dioecy over hermaphroditism. The American Naturalist, 170(3), 485-491.
33. Bi, Y. M., Zhang, Y., Signorelli, T., Zhao, R., Zhu, T., & Rothstein, S. (2005). Genetic analysis of Arabidopsis GATA transcription factor gene family reveals a nitrate‐inducible member important for chlorophyll synthesis and glucose sensitivity. The Plant Journal, 44(4), 680-692.
34. Uyenoyama, M. K., Zhang, Y., & Newbigin, E. (2001). On the origin of self-incompatibility haplotypes: transition through self-compatible intermediates. Genetics, 157(4), 1805-1817.
· Lee, S., Y. Y. Zhang, R. Nayga, Marwah, P. The Impact of Covid 19 on Food bank donation and volunteering.
· Mwinyiheri, V. Salin, N., B. Lin, Y.Y. Zhang, and C. Chewe, Multi-level Marketing System with Industrial Food Processing in Africa: Smallholder Tomato Farmers in Tanzania.
· Guan, L., Y.Y. Zhang, P. Marwah, and S. Jin, Impact of US-China trade dispute on American consumers’ attitude towards agricultural products.
· Chen, S., S. Jin, and Y.Y. Zhang, Spousal dependence and intergenerational transmission of Body Mass Index.
· Yuan, X., P. Marwah, Y.Y. Zhang, M. Palma, and L. Ribera, Understanding consumer response to GMO information.
· Boadu, F., E. Price, Y.Y. Zhang, M. Jiang, Willingness of Street Youth in Ghana to Accept Compensation to Trade Street Life for Agriculture.
· Zhang, Y.Y. and R. Sarin, “Two-stage Buy-It-Now auctions”.
· Boadu, F., S. Chen, and Y.Y. Zhang, Stock exchange development and economic growth in Sub-Saharan Africa.
· Depositario, D., R. Nayga, and Y.Y. Zhang, Women and men are equal but different: observations of learning behavior in auctions.